Soft is the New Hard: How to communicate effectively under pressure
Why does no-one tell you the ‘people bit’ of leadership is often the hardest part?
Whether it’s delivering feedback, managing performance and personalities, inspiring action, or driving your team towards a positive culture; the challenge is very real.
If you’re frustrated by people problems in your team, or feel like your message isn’t being heard, this workshop is for you.
Learn how to radically improve your leadership effectiveness with a step-by-step process that underpins communication and lays the foundations for success.
This proven process will help you:
- Manage yourself under pressure.
- Understand your own communication style.
- Communicate effectively with people who have a different style to you.
- Lead with warmth to inspire individuals and teams to action.
- Defuse conflict.
- Influence decisions and outcomes.
- Lead your team through challenge, change, restructure or transition.
- Have difficult conversations and address behavioural issues.
- Manage the ‘angry mob’ in a group environment.
Effective Communication: Developing Assertiveness for Personal and Team Success
Effective communication is essential for a high-performing and cohesive team. It underpins all relationships – be it with colleagues, stakeholders, customers, clients, family or friends.
But communication can be tricky, personalities are different, and no-one else thinks exactly like you.
Learn how to better manage yourself, communicate effectively, and build relationships of trust within your team at this full-day workshop.
In this session, participants will learn:
- The essentials of a high performing team and how to put them into practice.
- The foundations that underpin effective communication (the Five C model).
- The four styles of communication and where your style fits.
- How to develop assertiveness.
- Why emotional intelligence is key.
- How to communicate with people who have a different communication style to you.
- Why a culture of collaboration and cooperation will help you succeed.
- How take a problem-solving, solution-based approach to conversations, challenges and tasks.
Stop, Collaborate and Listen: Decision making for groups
Working with others often results in the best and most innovative outcomes. But collaboration can be tricky and lead to conflict if not managed well.
Learn how to collaborate effectively – whether with internal colleagues or external stakeholders – and develop a framework for group decision making.
- The benefits of collaboration and why it won’t succeed without effective engagement.
- How to lay the foundations of good collaboration to avoid conflict.
- The formula for effective engagement (clarity + trust + relationships = engagement).
- How to create a decision-making process and why it’s important.
- Ground rules to ensure all voices are heard.
- How to get your needs met while meeting the needs of others.
- Consideration of other opinions and how to improve your listening.
- What to do when the going gets tough. How to keep things on track when people get heated or dominate conversations.
Attention Please: How to deliver engaging presentations (public speaking)
Full-day or half-day workshop
Want to be able to capture and hold your audience’s attention when you speak?
Learn tips and tricks to make public speaking less daunting and your presentations more engaging at this practical workshop for anyone wanting to improve their skills – whether you’re terrified, a bit nervous, or confident but wanting to step up your delivery.
Learn how to:
- Speak with confidence and presence.
- Manage nerves and overcome self-doubt.
- Structure your speech or presentation in a way that connects.
- Tailor your content to suit the audience.
- Build engagement by appealing to different learning styles.
- Create emotional connection through storytelling
- Manage questions and strong personalities.
- Use body language to your advantage.
Feedback is Not a Dirty Word: How to give and receive feedback
Do you let poor behaviour or performance slide because you avoid difficult conversations, potential conflict and confrontation?
Or perhaps you dish out negative feedback freely but never praise the positive.
Do you get defensive when someone tries to address an issue with you but expect others to take your feedback on board?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this workshop is for you.
Learn how to:
- Deliver feedback effectively up and down the chain.
- Address the elephant of poor behaviour in a timely and effective manner.
- Have a difficult conversations early.
- Praise the positive.
- Ask coaching questions to shift the conversation from reactive to proactive.
- Receive feedback with curiosity, not defensiveness.
Networking: How to build relationships of influence
Networking. The very thought fills many people with dread. The small talk; awkward questions; selling yourself; plastering a smile on your face; pretending to be something you’re not – ugh!
The problem is, if that’s how you perceive networking, you’re going about it the wrong way.
In fact, let’s not call it networking at all – let’s call it relationship building – because that’s what networking is about; building relationships that may one day have a significant impact on your career or business success.
Learn how to:
- Network with confidence.
- Build relationships of influence.
- Identify the people you want to connect with.
- Be generous and give more than you take.
- Capitalise on the relationships you have
- Develop and deliver your elevator pitch.
- Listen actively and ask engaging questions.
- Think broadly to identify networking opportunities.